How to apply for the online PMAY Scheme
Our Blog is about making information available to you
Step By Step Procedure for how to apply for the online PMAY Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana( PMAY) is a casing scheme launched by the Government of
India in June 2015. The goal of the scheme is to provide affordable housing for all by the year
2022. This scheme can be easily applied through online mode. We will describe Step by Step
procedure for how to apply online PMAY Scheme in detail. The scheme is targeted toward
providing affordable housing for the economically weaker sections (EWS), lower-income
groups (LIGs), and middle-income groups (MIGs) of society.
The scheme provides financial assistance to eligible beneficiaries for the construction or
enhancement of a house. The financial assistance is provided in the form of a subsidy, which
is credited directly to the beneficiary’s account. The subsidy amount varies based on the
income group of the beneficiary, the location of the house, and the cost of construction.
The scheme is implemented in two parts: PMAY-Urban and PMAY-Gramin. PMAY-Urban
targets urban areas and provides financial assistance to economically weaker sections (EWS),
lower-income groups (LIGs), and middle-income groups (MIGs) of society in urban areas.
On the other hand, PMAY-Gramin targets rural areas and provides financial assistance to
economically weaker sections (EWS), lower income groups (LIGs), and above-poverty line
(APL) households in rural areas.
In addition to the subsidy, the scheme also provides benefits like interest subsidy on housing
loans, credit linked subsidy scheme (CLSS) which provides subsidy on home loans to the
EWS and LIG and in-situ slum redevelopment which aims to provide a pucca house to slum
dwellers on the same plot where they are residing.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme can be applied online through the official
PMAY website. The process of applying online is straightforward and can be completed in a
few simple steps. Here is a detailed step-by-step procedure for how to apply online for
Step 1: Check Eligibility
- Visit the official PMAY website (https://pmaymis.gov.in/) and click on the “Citizen
- Read the scheme details, terms, and conditions carefully, and then click on the
- Select the scheme you wish to apply for (PMAY-U or PMAY-G)
- Provide the required details such as your income, location, and whether you are a
- Click on the “Check Eligibility” button.
- If you are found to be eligible, a message will be displayed on the screen, and you
will be able to proceed to the next step
Step 2: Register
- Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Fill out the registration form by providing your contact details such as your name,
mobile number, and email address, and create a username and password.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Once the registration is completed, you will receive a confirmation email or SMS
with your login credentials
Step 3: Fill out the application form
- Log in to your account using the username and password created during
- Fill out the online application form by providing your personal and financial
information, such as your name, address, income, and the location of the house.
- Provide the cost of construction and the details of the home loan if you are applying
for CLSS (Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme) under PMAY-U
- Click on the “Save & Next” button to proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Upload the required documents
- Upload the required documents such as proof of identity, proof of income, proof of
ownership of the land, and any other relevant documents as per the scheme you are
applying for (PMAY-U or PMAY-G) and the income group you belong to.
- Make sure that the documents are in a valid format and are of good quality.
- Click on the “Save & Next” button to proceed to the next step
Step 5: Submit the application
- Review the details of your application to ensure that all the information provided is
accurate and the documents are uploaded correctly.
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
- You’ll admit an evidence dispatch or SMS with your operation number
Step 6: Track the status of your Application
- Log in to your account on the official PMAY website using your username and
- Click on the “Track your application” tab.
- Enter your application number and click on the “Track” button.
- You will be able to see the status of your application, and if it is approved, you will
be able to view the subsidy amount credited to your account.
It is important to note that the above-mentioned steps are general and may vary depending
on the section of PMAY you are applying for (PMAY-U or PMAY-G) and the region you are
applying from. Also, the required documents may vary based on the scheme you are
applying for and the income group you belong to. It is always a good idea to check the
official PMAY website for the most up-to-date information on the application process and
the required documents.
Overall, PMAY is a comprehensive scheme that aims to provide affordable housing for all by
2022. The scheme provides financial assistance in the form of a subsidy and other benefits to
eligible beneficiaries for the construction or enhancement of a house.